Facebook is one of the world’s most popular social networks and arguably one of the best ways to keep in touch with friends and family members, whether they’re local or across the globe.
While Facebook has made its mobile app available on smartphones running Apple’s iOS operating system, it hasn’t created a version compatible with devices running Google’s Android platform—until now, that is.
With Facebook continuing to grow in popularity, especially among smartphone users, you might be tempted to jump on the bandwagon and download Facebook for Android on your phone or tablet.
Go to the Google Play Store
On your device, go to the Google Play Store and search Facebook or Facebook Messenger. The first result should be Facebook. Tap on it and you will see a list of options: Install, Open, Update, etc.
Click on Install and follow the prompts. If you are logged into an account on your phone, Facebook will install without any additional steps. If not, enter your email address and password when prompted. That’s it! You can now post pictures and chat with friends on Facebook using your Android phone.
MESSAGE FROM FACEBOOK
Thank you for downloading Facebook! We have some tips to help make sure that you’re getting the most out of our app:
* Use two fingers to scroll through photos in News Feed.
* Swipe left or right from News Feed to access other sections like Messages, Notifications and Friends.
Search for Facebook
Search Facebook in the Play Store and download it. Once you do, open the app and log in with your account information.
You’re all set! When using a mobile device, be aware of your data usage.
There are also many other apps available in the App store that will allow you to use Facebook on your phone.
Keep scrolling for more social media resources for your phone! With these guidelines, downloading and using Facebook is no problem at all.
To make sure you don’t get caught off guard by how much data an app or site can use, always pay attention to how much of your plan’s monthly data allowance you have left.
And if you’re running low on data before your next billing cycle, consider switching over to Wi-Fi for the remainder of the month.
Select Facebook from the list of results
To download Facebook for your Android, go to the Play Store and search Facebook.
If you’re using a phone with an older version of the OS, like Jellybean or KitKat, tap Download, and then tap Install on the next page.
On newer phones, like Lollipop or Marshmallow, tap Install instead of Download. The app will take a few minutes to install.
Once it’s installed, open the app and sign in with your email address and password. You can find these on the desktop version of Facebook. Next, click Allow to give permission for data access and then click Done.
If you have additional accounts (say, from work) that are not connected to Facebook, select Add account by entering your name and email and clicking Sign In. When prompted, enter your user name and password for that account.
Once everything is set up, check out what’s happening at home (or at work). Just scroll down below the cover photo until you see Home (). That’s where all the posts from people and pages you follow show up.
You can switch between Home, Timeline (), Notifications (), Activity Log (), Messenger () and Settings () by tapping those tabs at the top of the screen.
Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites in the world, but it only works on certain devices. If you have an android phone and want to download the app, follow these steps:
-On your phone, go to Google Play Store -Search for Facebook -Click Install -Log in with your username and password
-Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Agree & Continue -You will be prompted to select what kind of data you’d like synced (e.g., contacts, photos) -Select Sync Now
-You’re all set! You should now see a Facebook icon on your screen
Follow the prompts to complete the installation
1. Go to the Google Play store on your phone and download the Facebook app.
2. Tap Install when prompted, then tap Open.
3. If you are not already logged into Facebook, you will need to do so with your username and password.
4. Tap Already have an account? if you want to use a different account than the one you just created or tapped on in step 3.
5. Enter your email address or log in with your existing Facebook account.
6. Create a password, enter it again to confirm it, and then tap Log In
7. Once you’re logged in, scroll down the left-hand side of the screen to see News Feeds from friends on top and Pages that you like below that (you can add more later). 8. Scroll through all of the posts that show up right away at the top of your news feed (or choose how many posts per day show up there).
10. To chat with friends, go back to News Feeds from Friends at the top, then find someone’s name who is online near the bottom left-hand corner ().
11. You’ll be taken to their profile page (), where you can click their name and send them a message.
12. You can also click their profile picture () next to their message bubble icon () which will take you to the person’s personal timeline.
13. Then, either type your message in